Skip to content ↓

Hazel Leys Academy


Please find below lots of useful phone numbers and links where you can access support:

Ebug Website - Information about the Coronavirus

If you are worried about a child:

Northamptonshire Social Care - call 0300 126 1000

NSPCC - call 0808 800 5000

For health advice:

Urgent health advice - call 111 (or 999 in an emergency)

If you are suffering domestic abuse - call 999 if you are in immediate danger. If you cannot speak and are calling from a mobile phone, listen to the operator and when prompted dial 55.

For mental health & well-being support and counselling for young people - Youth Works phone support line - call 01536 518339, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.

To talk to someone about domestic abuse - National Domestic Abuse Helpline - call 0808 2000 247 (this phoneline is manned 24 hours a day)

Mental health advice - Northamptonshire Mental Health support Line - call 01604 634400

If you are struggling with your mental health - Corby MIND - call 01536 267280

There is an extensive list of contact information for mental health support in the download options at the bottom of this page.

If you are struggling with anxiety - Anxiety UK is a user-led organisation that supports anyone with anxiety, phobias, panic attacks or other anxiety-related disorders - call 03444 775 774 or text 07537 416 905 or visit their website here to find out more or chat online.

If you are struggling and need someone to talk to - The Samaritans - call 116 123 (free to call and open 24 hours a day)


If you are struggling for food:

Emergency Food Package - Corby Foodbank - call 07414 191436

Universal Free School Meals - All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 can receive a free school meal, regardless of parent/carers financial situation.

Free School Meals 'Pupil Premium' - Parents/carers are encouraged to check if they are eligible for 'Pupil Premium', even if their child already gets a free meal under Universal Free School Meals.  Pupil Premium is based on parent/carers financial situation and benefits they receive.  For every eligible child, the school receives funding to help support these children in school.  Currently, these children are also being provided with supermarket vouchers during school holidays to help with food costs and to ensure they still receive a 'free school meal' during the holidays.  Only Pupil Premium children will receive this, so it is worth checking if you are eligible.

Further information on free school meals can be found here.


For Financial Advice:

Universal Credit - Universal Credit helpline - call 0800 328 5644

Rent issues - Corby Borough Council - 01536 464000

For Support with Learning at Home:

StarLine - offers home learning advice for parents from qualified teachers and parenting and education experts - call 0330 313 9162 or visit their website here: StarLine.

Talking to Children About Coronavirus:

In the download options below, there is a child friendly book and accompanying workbook to support children in understanding coronavirus and how they are feeling.