We are aware that Hazel Leys Academy needs to comply with the public sector equality duty and we are currently developing objectives for the coming year.
At Hazel Leys Academy, we are committed to equality, based on the following core beliefs;
- We accept and understand everyone for who we are and what we do.
- We play an active and welcoming part in our community and take pride in the
- environment that we share.
- We nurture determination to become life-long learners with unlimited aspirations.
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We want to make sure that our Academy is safe, secure and stimulating place for
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We try to ensure that people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decisions, for example, through talking to parents, carers, pupils, staff.
In compliance with the public sector equality duty Hazel Leys Academy has considered very carefully the key areas to ensure that we provide an environment where all children, visitors and staff are welcomed, valued and are treated equally.
The Academy Equality Duty document has been set out in five areas:
- Information about the pupil population, achievement and progress
- Main equality challenges
- Due regard to equality
- Consultation and engagement
- Next steps
Our behaviours support our commitment to equality:
- Accepting and understanding
- Pride for all
- Inform and support all in being determined to succeed in their goals, ambitions and aspirations
- Open communication, listening, responding, challenging, acting as positive role models to others
To find out more about the Public Sector Equality Duty click here
To find out more about the Equalities Act 2010 please click here
Please visit our SEND page to view our SEND offer and Accessibility plan.
To read our Equality for Pupils Policy, click here